Welcome to the Better German podcast, episode one! In this exciting pilot episode, host Susi introduces herself and shares her vision behind creating this podcast. As a German teacher with 18 years of experience, Susi aims to help more people learn German in a simple and enjoyable way. She shares her journey of initially finding teaching German challenging, but with the right materials and approach, she now loves teaching the language. Susi explains that the podcast will consist of teaching episodes alternating with more general topics, catering to all levels of German learners. She also gives a sneak peek into upcoming episodes, covering topics such as reasons to learn German, vocabulary, grammar, and her favorite tips for free language learning resources. Join Susi on this language-learning adventure as she guides you to a better understanding of the beautiful German language. Stay tuned for future episodes and visit bettergerman.info/podcast for more details. Let’s dive into the world of Better German!
Key Subjects covered
Introduction of the Podcast and Host
– Introduction of host, Susi
– Purpose of the podcast: to help more people learn German
– Background and experience of the host as a German teacher
– Desire to simplify the learning process and make it enjoyable for learners
Primary topic: Structure and Schedule of the Podcast
– Weekly podcast with one episode per week
– Teaching episodes alternating with more general episodes
– Teaching episodes initially geared towards beginners, but content for all levels of German
– Overview of upcoming episodes and topics
Primary topic: Content and Approaches to Learning German
– Teaching of vocabulary and words
– Introduction to grammar and its relevance at different levels of learning German
– How to introduce oneself in German
– Explanation of German articles (der, die, das) and their importance
– Tips for learning German for free
– Comparison of different methods of learning German: courses, groups, online courses
Primary topic: Resources and Accessing Episodes
– Availability of transcripts, show notes, and additional downloadable materials
– Access to episodes on the podcast website and other podcast platforms
Primary topic: Host’s Journey into Teaching German
– Transition from teaching English to teaching German
– Development of effective teaching methods
– Commitment to helping as many people as possible in learning German
Primary topic: Conclusion
– Thank you for listening /reading!
– Please let me know if you found this helpful
Timecodes for this episode
[00:00:00] Welcome to the Better German podcast. .
[00:00:48] Sometimes learning German has become too complicated and what my approach is.
[00:01:11] My native language is German. I live in Austria.
[00:01:15] Introduction of myself and how I started to teach German
[00:02:24] What is the podcast about?
[00:03:39] Vision for all German learners to learn without complications.
[00:04:19] Description of upcoming episodes.
[00:06:01] Where can you find the Podcasts homepage (generally and for each episode) and where can you find additional resources.
[00:07:21] How did Susi get into teaching German and what is her goal with this podcast and in general with her teaching activities.
[00:08:14] Thank you and where can you find the transcript.